Mind maps business analysis technique
Mind maps are useful tools for brainstorming. Their simple visual form highlights connections between ideas and topics. They can help identify problems and solutions. This technique is covered in detail on the BCS business analysis courses.
A mind maps is constructed by:
- Adding the central business system or problem to the centre of the diagram
- The main elements are connected to the centre via branches which are labelled to represent a particular area or issue.
- The main elements should be labelled simply using just one word (ideally).
- Second-level branches can be added which emanate from the main elements. These represent more detailed elements.
- Further levels can be added if more detail is required.