Mind maps business analysis technique
Mind maps are useful tools for brainstorming. Their simple visual form highlights connections between ideas and topics. They can help identify problems and solutions.
A mind maps is constructed by:
- Adding the central business system or problem to the centre of the diagram
- The main elements are connected to the centre via branches which are labelled to represent a particular area or issue.
- The main elements should be labelled simply using just one word (ideally).
- Second-level branches can be added which emanate from the main elements. These represent more detailed elements.
- Further levels can be added if more detail is required.