Choose a self-paced APMG Change Management online course
APMG Change Management Foundation and Practitioner online course
This self-paced online training includes everything you need to study for, and pass, both the APMG Change Management Foundation and Practitioner exams.
This online training is for those wanting to assume a leadership position and help businesses prepare for an organisational change initiative.
You will learn how to apply appropriate frameworks to effectively plan and understand organisational change, build an effective change team, motivate staff, and more. Includes both Foundation and Practitioner online exams.
APMG Change Management Foundation online course
Take your first steps into change leadership with this self-paced APMG Change Management Foundation online course.
You will learn to identify and understand the different types of change processes, the roles required to manage change successfully, and how to help staff adapt to change initiatives.
This self-paced training includes the APMG Change Management Foundation online exam.
APMG Change Management Practitioner online course
A Practitioner qualification is for people wanting to assume a leadership position and help businesses prepare for an organisational change initiative.
With this self-paced training you will learn how to apply appropriate frameworks to effectively plan and understand organisational change, build an effective change team, motivate staff, and more.
A Practitioner course is for people already certified at Change Management Foundation level.
This self-paced training includes the APMG Change Management Practitioner online exam.
|Pre-requisites:||APMG Change Management Foundation|
APMG Change Management instructor-led courses
Self-paced online training and qualifications are also available for those who prefer to study at their own pace using online materials.
Both Foundation and Practitioner self-paced courses are available.
All self-paced online courses include the APMG Change Management exam(s).
|Format:||Instructor-led traditional or virtual classroom|
How APMG Change Management online training can help you…
Start a new career in change management
Take your first step towards a change career by learning core change management skills.
Learn the tools of change and begin your career in change management.
Learn to manage change effectively
Learn effective change management skills to deliver valuable change projects.
Boost your confidence and ability to manage change using the CMBoK.
Advance your career with a recognised qualification
Demonstrate your ability to manage change projects effectively
Show your commitment to professional development by gaining APMG qualification.
APMG Change Management online certification
What are APMG Change Management qualification?
APMG Change Management online qualifications are designed to help change management professionals better manage organisational change.
The guidance provided by APMG helps equip candidates with the knowledge, tools, and techniques to effectively plan and implement successful change initiatives.
Qualifications and online training are based on the CMBoK (Change Management Body of Knowledge) from the Change Management Institute. This guidance is the most authoritative source of information on change management practices anywhere in the world.
Benefits of APMG Change Management online training
Self-paced APMG Change Management online courses explore how change affects individuals, teams, organisations and change leaders. Earning your APMG Change management qualification online demonstrates your understanding of change management and your ability to:
- Unlock resistance to change
- Provide effective support to teams
- Implement change smoothly through the application of frameworks
- Manage stakeholders throughout the change process.
APMG Change Management online qualifications are a real-world assessment of your proven skills and experience as a change professional. The assessment standard used is the Change Manager Competency Models as described in the CMBoK.
Are APMG Change Management online qualifications popular?
Rapid globalisation and adoption of new digital solutions are just some of the reasons why modern organisations are in an almost constant state of change.
To succeed in competitive environments, business leaders and managers must be able to deal with rapidly changing requirements and shape them into beneficial outcomes.
Skilled change managers are highly valued by those that employ them – this is reflected in an average annual salary of £60,000 for qualified, knowledgeable change managers .
Change management online training can help you by equipping you with the skills and tools required to effectively mitigate the risk of adopting new technologies and business practices while helping ensure change initiatives deliver tangible value.
APMG’s Change Management online certification scheme is accredited by the United Kingdom Accreditation Service (UKAS). It was designed as a primary competitor, and preferable alternative, to the US-based Prosci Change Management qualifications.
Studying using online self-paced learning is becoming a more popular way of gaining an APMG Change Manager qualification.
What are the APMG Change Management qualifications?
There are 2 levels of APMG Change Management qualification – the entry-level Foundation qualification and the intermediate Practitioner qualification.
APMG Change Management Foundation
This is an entry-level Change Management qualification aimed at beginners and those new to change management. Change management training can also benefit anyone who occupies a role responsible for organisational change, transition, or transformation.
APMG Change Management Foundation exam
- Style: Multiple-choice
- Questions: 50
- Pass mark: 50% (25/50)
- Duration: 40 minutes
- Materials allowed: Closed-book
- Pre-requisites: None
- Results: Same day.
APMG Change Management Practitioner
The intermediate qualification is aimed at senior staff responsible for delivering organisational change programmes and Foundation qualification holders who wish to learn more advanced change management skills.
To be eligible for the Practitioner exam, candidates must first pass the Foundation exam.
APMG Change Management Practitioner exam
- Style: Objective testing
- Questions: 4 (20 marks each)
- Pass mark: 50% (40/80)
- Duration: 150 minutes
- Materials allowed: Open-book
- Pre-requisites: APMG Change Management Foundation
- Results: Same day.
Earning your APMG Change Management qualification
To earn your APMG Change Management qualification, you can enrol on a self-paced Change Management online course. Self-paced learning is an ideal way for busy, working professionals who cannot commit to a fixed classroom schedule.
Earning your Change Management qualification through an online self-paced course can be done in a little as 12 hours. If you do choose to study using a self-paced Change Management online course, you require a computer, audio, internet, and an optional video camera.
If you prefer face-to-face learning with an experienced tutor, then you should choose an instructor-led APMG Change Management course taught by experienced change management trainers.
To check whether there is a classroom instructor-led Change Management course in your area, or a virtual instructor-led course hosted on the internet, please check the dates on the Change Management Foundation page or Change Management Practitioner page.
History of APMG Change Management qualifications
In the late 20th century, psychological change and its effects on people was a field of study limited to psychologists and academics.
This changed however, when thought leaders in several different global organisations turned their attentions to the issue of implementing wide-scale changes in their respective businesses without incurring insurmountable penalties and loss in productivity. .
Gradually, in project meetings and at boardroom tables the process of successfully negotiating organisational change began being referred to as a discipline.
Change management soon became formalised as another type of management, and official frameworks started to develop.
In 2005, the Change Management Institution (CMI) was established in Sydney, Australia. They authored The Effective Change Manager: The Change Management Body of Knowledge (CMBoK), written guidance which collected the ideas and methods used by change management thought leaders across the globe.
The CMBoK is today widely recognised as the most authoritative publication in the change management profession. It is upon the CMBoK that the APMG Change Management qualifications are based.
Self-paced learning has had many different names over the years, including distance learning, computer-based training (CBT), and e-Learning (or elearning). We prefer to use the term ‘self-paced’ because you can stop and start your learning whenever, and wherever you want.
Read the benefits of self-paced learning below to learn more about why self-paced learning is a great way to learn about Change Management and gain your APMG qualification.
Self-paced training benefits
Saves you time
- If you are a busy professional, you often cannot afford the time to attend fixed-schedule classroom training. So, taking a self-paced online course saves you time.
Saves you money
- If you are a freelancer or contractor, you lose money if you take time off work to attend a fixed-schedule classroom course. With a self-paced online course, you fit your learning time around your working hours, so this saves you money.
Learn at your own pace
- You can study whenever and wherever you want. You can use any device (desktop, tablet, or mobile) on any platform (Windows, Mac, IOS, or Android) which has a reliable internet connection. You can choose when and how to study so you study at your own pace.
- As a student on our self-paced online courses, you have access to an expert trainer. Our trainers aim to answer all questions from students within 1 business day, and often reply within hours.
Best practice design
- All our online courses are designed to engage your brain, with the aim to promote longer lasting and deeper understanding of the core concepts. For more details about our best practice design see more about our self-paced online learning below.
- You have access to our self-paced APMG Change Management online courses for 12 months. You can take your APMG Change Management online exam any time within this period.
- All self-paced online courses include the APMG Change Management exam taken online. No travel to an exam centre is required, so you can gain your APMG qualification entirely from home.
About self-paced training
These self-paced APMG Change Management online courses have been designed with the latest web technologies, so they work on Windows, MacOS, iOS and Android. They are fully responsive, and fit any device and screen size – desktop, tablet and mobile. No browser plugins or installation files are required.
Best practice design
Our self-paced APMG Change Management online courses are highly interactive, and exercises have been designed to aid a deeper level of understanding, leading to longer-lasting learning.
Like all our online courses, these self-paced online courses have been designed using the latest best practices in instructional design, including:
These are short chunks of content taking just a few minutes to complete.
Selective use of gamified elements to promote playful elements into the learning process.
Learning Management System (LMS)
A modern LMS which remembers where you are and allows you easy access to all your learning content.
Lots of quizzes to check your knowledge at the end of each topic.
Selective use of audio to enhance, which avoids ‘overloading’ the student with ‘too much information’.
Meeting many of the recommended accessibility standards from the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.1.
Many companies develop e-learning cheaply by simply filming a trainer in a classroom. We do not think that’s a good way to help students learn, nor does it engage learners.
We are confident that our interactive elearning will help you gain an understanding of change management so that you can sit your APMG Change Management exam with confidence.
Self-paced online course details
APMG Change Management Foundation online course
- Self-paced online course.
- Accredited self-paced APMG Change Management Foundation online learning
- APMG Change Management Foundation sample exams
- APMG Change Management Foundation exam.
- 1-year access to self-paced online learning course.
- This self-paced online training provides you with an understanding of the basic principles of successful organisational change, and the skills to become a valued member of any team responsible for organisational change projects.
Course contentThis self-paced online APMG Change Management Foundation course covers the following topics:
- The process of organisational change
- How to assemble teams most likely to achieve successful organisational change
- How people react to organisational change and how to help them adapt
- Developing strategies to keep staff motivated while an organisation undergoes change.
- The different types of change processes
- How to keep stakeholders engaged while an organisation undergoes change.
APMG Change Management Practitioner course
- Self-paced online course.
- Accredited self-paced APMG Change Management Practitioner online learning
- APMG Change Management Practitioner sample exams
- APMG Change Management Practitioner exam.
- 1-year access to self-paced online learning course.
- This self-paced online training teaches you how to effectively plan and understand organisational transformation by building effective change teams, motivating staff, and apply appropriate frameworks to change initiatives.
Course contentThis self-paced online APMG Change Management Practitioner course covers the following topics:
- How to apply frameworks to help plan and understand organisational change
- How to understand, support and sustain organisational change processes
- How to properly prepare for an organisational change initiative
- How to establish a clear framework of roles, skills and activities through which leaders can support and sustain the change process.
- APMG Change Management Foundation. .
APMG Change Management online training frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Yes. Knowledge Train is an APMG Accredited Training Provider for Change Management.
Online self-study courses
Knowledge Train works with change management professionals, e-learning experts and certified Change Management trainers to deliver world-class online training that promotes faster, longer-lasting learning.
Our interactive, self-study Change Management online courses are designed to keep you engaged and focused. It is not cheap to create, nor does it use gimmicks.
For more details about how we deliver high quality Change Management online courses, see the section above about our self-paced training self-paced training.
You can try our self-paced Change Management online courses here.
We've designed our self-paced training and instructor-led courses to give you the best possible chance to learn about Change Management and pass your APMG Change Management exams. Simply choose the course format that best suits your needs.
You should take a self-paced APMG Change Management online course if any of the following apply:
- You cannot commit to a fixed classroom schedule
- You cannot travel to a classroom training venue
- You prefer to learn at your own pace.
You should take instructor-led APMG Change Management classroom training if any of the following apply:
- You can commit to a fixed classroom schedule
- You’d like to earn yourAPMG Change Management qualification as quickly as possible
- You prefer face-to-face learning with a trainer
- You enjoy learning in a social environment with other students.
Self-paced APMG Change Management Foundation are best suited to:
- Those interested in understanding the basic principles of achieving successful organisational change
- Staff responsible with organisational change, transition or transformation projects
- Professionals pursuing a Change Management Practitioner qualification.
Self-paced APMG Change Management Practitioner training is best suited for:
- Aspiring change managerss
- Key staff responsible for the design, development, and delivery of organisational change (including change project managers, senior responsible owners, operational line managers, and related roles).
An APMG Change Management Foundation qualification does not expire and is valid for life. An APMG Change Management Practitioner qualification expires after 5 years. Candidates who pass the Practitioner exam are recognised as ‘Change Management Registered Practitioners'.
Maintaining the ‘Registered Practitioner’status must be done within 3-5 years by passing an APMG Change Management Re-registration exam which is the same format as the Practitioner exam but has fewer questions and lasts for 1 hour.Beyond the 5-year period, you will be required to complete the full Practitioner exam again to be reinstated as a Change Management Registered Practitioner.
For students of our self-paced online courses, you choose to take your APMG Change Management exams when you feel ready to sit the exam(s). All exam results and qualifications are administered by APMG International via the APMG Candidate Portal.
APMG Change Management Foundation exam results and certifications will be given within 1 working day of submitting your exam.
Your official APMG Change Management Practitioner exam results and certification will be given within 3 working days of submitting your exam.
As a student learning using a self-paced APMG Change Management training course, you can choose to sit your exam(s) whenever you feel ready. The only requirement is that you sit your exam(s) within 12 months of purchase of the self-paced course.
 Glassdoor. 2022. Salary: Change Manager in London, UK | Glassdoor. [ONLINE] Available at: https://www.glassdoor.co.uk/Salaries/london-change-manager-salary-SRCH_IL.0,6_IM1035_KO7,21.htm. [Accessed 23 June 2022].