Book online by selecting a date below.
We accept credit/debit card, PayPal, bank transfer or we can invoice your organisation.
Note: All prices exclusive of VAT.
This MSP Foundation and Practitioner course offers the following benefits to students:
- Helps programme managers deliver the required outcomes and benefits, especially those dependent on the coordination of many related, integrated project outputs
- Enables you to better envision and communicate desired outcomes
- Teaches you to take the initiative, pro-actively identifying and overcoming obstacles to change such as working practices, attitudes, and behaviours
- Helps programme managers deliver tangible advantages to stakeholders while mitigating any risks to these advantages
- Helps you learn from experience while establishing a management culture that prompts staff to continuously identify new lessons over the life of a programme
- MSP Practitioner training provides a structured framework to help realize the benefits of complex programmes which require the output of many related projects
- MSP Practitioner has been designed to accommodate high levels of complexity, ambiguity, and risk. This makes MSP highly suitable as a framework for transformational change
- MSP Practitioner training helps candidates apply the MSP principles and processes in working contexts.
MSP Foundation & Practitioner
The MSP Foundation & Practitioner course includes:
- MSP Foundation and Practitioner training and exam preparation from an approved MSP trainer
- MSP Foundation and Practitioner exams
- MSP Practitioner certification (on passing the exams)
- MSP manual (‘Managing Successful Programmes’ 5th edition)
- Pre-course study materials
- Detailed course materials
- Expert tuition
- Sample exams.
Who should attend?
- Programme managers and aspiring programme managers
- Project managers / senior project managers
- Business change managers
- Operational line managers/staff operating within a programme environment
- Other key staff involved in the design, development, and delivery of programmes, including programme board members, programme assurance, programme management office personnel
- Portfolio management staff
- Specialist programme staff.
MSP Foundation and Practitioner course times for students:
- This course takes 4 days
- Classes begin at 09:00 am and end at 17:00 pm
- The MSP Foundation exam is generally sat on the morning of the third day, while the MSP Practitioner exam can be sat at any time after completing the course
- There are 1-2 hours of homework to be completed after each day
- There are 2-3 hours of pre-course study to be completed before joining the course.
Individuals will gain an understanding of:
- Key concepts relating to programmes and MSP
- How the MSP principles underpin the MSP framework
- The MSP themes and how they are applied throughout the programme
- The MSP processes and how they are carried out throughout the programme
- How to apply the MSP principles in context
- How to apply and tailor relevant aspects of the MSP themes in context
- How to apply and tailor relevant aspects of the MSP processes in context.
This MSP Foundation and Practitioner course covers the following topics:
- Course introduction
- An overview of MSP
- MSP principles
- Programme organization
- Programme design
- Programme vision
- Programme justification
- Programme structure
- Quality assurance
- MSP processes
- Delivering capabilities and embedding outcomes
- Evaluating new information and closing the programme
- Introductions and overview of the MSP Practitioner exam
- Overview of the MSP manual
- MSP themes and organization
- MSP programme organization
- MSP programme design
- MSP justification theme
- MSP structure theme
- MSP Knowledge theme
- MSP decisions theme
- MSP processes
- Designing programme outcomes
- Exam revision.
MSP Foundation exam
The MSP Foundation examination is intended to assess whether the candidate can demonstrate sufficient recall and understanding of the MSP programme management framework (as described in the syllabus) to be awarded the MSP Foundation qualification.
- Style: Multiple-choice
- Questions: 60
- Pass mark: 55% (33/60)
- Duration: 60 minutes
- Materials allowed: Closed-book
- Pre-requisites: None
- Timing: Morning of day 3
- Results: 1 business day.
MSP Practitioner exam
The MSP Practitioner exam assesses whether the candidate can demonstrate sufficient ability to apply and tailor the MSP programme management framework described in the syllabus.
- Style: Multiple-choice
- Questions: 70
- Pass mark: 60% (42/70)
- Duration: 150 minutes
- Materials allowed: Open-book
- Pre-requisites: MSP Foundation
- Timing: At any time after completing your MSP Practitioner training
- Results: 3 business days.