Select a course below
Note: All prices exclusive of VAT.
The benefits of gaining P3O Foundation certification are:
- You can learn the concepts and terminology underpinning portfolio, programme and project offices and the P3O framework
- You will be better able to communicate and participate in a portfolio, programme, or project office, or P3O environment
- You can increase your confidence of making a positive contribution in a PMO or P3O environment
- You can boost your recognition within your organisation as someone who understands PMO and P3O concepts.
The P3O Foundation course includes:
- Training course materials accredited by PeopleCert (on behalf of AXELOS)
- P3O Foundation exam
- P3O book ‘P3O® Portfolio, Programme and Project Offices’, 2nd edition
- P3O Foundation certificate after passing the exam
- P3O Foundation exam preparation
- Sample P3O Foundation exams.
Who should study for P3O Foundation?
A P30 Foundation course is suitable for any of the following:
- Senior managers seeking to understand a structure for achieving strategic objectives
- Portfolio managers and programme managers - who will benefit from the consistency P3O brings by standardizing strategies across projects, programmes and portfolios
- Project managers - who can integrate project management frameworks such as PRINCE2 into a P3O model and deliver consistent outputs across projects
- Individuals working in, or wanting to work in, a PMO or P3O environment
P3O Foundation course
- 3 days: 09:00am - 17:00pm
- Homework: 2-3 hours per night with 3 hours of reading prior to the course
- Exam time: P3O Foundation certification exam can be taken online at any time within 12 months of the course.
Self-study P3O Foundation course online
- Course access duration: 12 months.
Upon completion of this P30 Foundation course, candidates will have a good understanding of the following:
- High-level P3O models and their component roles
- Differences between portfolio, programme, and project management
- Key functions and services of a P3O
- Reasons for establishing a P3O model
- Differences between types of P3O model and how to select the most appropriate model
- Tools and techniques used by P3O practitioners
- Purpose and major responsibilities of defined P3O roles.
This P3O Foundation course covers all topics from the P30 Foundation syllabus and prepares students to sit the P3O Foundation exam. It includes the following topics:
- Introduction to P3O
- Why have a P3O
- Designing a P3O model
- P3O roles
- Implementing a P3O
- Operating a P3O
- P3O exam preparation.
P3O Foundation exam
The P3O Foundation exam is taken within one year of taking a course.
- Style: Multiple-choice
- Questions: 70
- Pass mark: 50% (35/70)
- Duration: 60 minutes
- Materials allowed: Closed-book
- Pre-requisites: None
- Results: Same day.
20 Old Bailey,
Customer Service: +44 (0) 207 148 5985
Our Google map coordinates are 51.521193, -0.099288.
Monday – 09:00 to 17:15
Tuesday – 09:00 to 17:15
Wednesday – 09:00 to 17:15
Thursday – 09:00 to 17:15
Friday – 09:00 to 17:15
Some other popular project management courses, especially in the UK include these.