Purchase a self-study course
Note: All prices exclusive of VAT.
Or select a course below
Note: All prices exclusive of VAT.
The benefits of gaining the BCS Business Analysis Foundation certificate are:
- You can improve your understanding of many common business analysis techniques
- You can increase your confidence when working as a business analyst
- You can boost your recognition within your organisation as a business analyst
- You can become an Associate Member on gaining the certification and enjoy networking opportunities with over 70,000 professionals, as well as access to resources online
- You can gain an internationally recognised certification, enabling you to take your skills around the world
- You can map your skills and identify your goals along your career path by following the SFIAplus industry-standard framework.
BCS Foundation Certificate in Business Analysis
Both the BCS Foundation Certificate in Business Analysis classroom training and online self-study courses include:
- Training courses and materials accredited by BCS
- BCS Foundation in Business Analysis exam preparation
- BCS Foundation in Business Analysis exam
- BCS Business Analysis manual 4th edition (classroom course only)
- Sample exam
- BCS Foundation Certificate in Business Analysis when you pass the exam
- 1-year associate membership from BCS (The Chartered Institute for IT) – terms and conditions apply.
Who should study for the BCS BA Foundation?
A BCS Foundation in Business Analysis course is suitable for business analysts, business managers and members of their team, business change managers and project managers.
Enrol on this course if you:
- Want to understand business analysis, support change and improve business processes, or
- Want to gain a professional business analysis qualification to boost your career.
BCS BA Foundation
- Weekday courses (3 days): 09:30am - 17:30pm; or,
- Saturday and Sunday (2 days): 09:00am - 18:30pm.
Self-study BCS BA Foundation online course
- Self-study time required: 30 hours.
BCS Business Analysis Foundation training provides students with a broad understanding of business analysis, including:
- The role and competencies of a Business Analyst
- How to identify and evaluate options for improving your business
- Investigative techniques, including interviews, workshops, prototyping and scenarios
- How to categorise, analyse and manage stakeholders
- Making a business case and assessing feasibility
- How to document, manage and validate requirements.
The BCS Foundation in Business Analysis course covers all topics from the BCS Foundation in Business Analysis syllabus. It focuses on understanding what business analysis is and common business analyst techniques.
The course covers the following topics:
- What Is Business Analysis?
- The competencies of a business analyst
- Strategy analysis
- The Business Analysis Process Model
- Investigation techniques
- Stakeholder analysis and management
- Modelling business systems
- Modelling business processes
- Gathering the requirements
- Documenting and managing requirements
- Modelling requirements
- Delivering the requirements
- Making a business and financial case
- Implementing business change.
The self-study course has been designed with the latest web technologies, so it works on Windows, MacOS, iOS and Android. It is fully responsive, so it fits any device and screen size – desktop, tablet and mobile. No browser plugins or installation files are required.
Best practice design
Like all our online courses, this course has been designed using the latest best practices in elearning.
Some competitors develop elearning cheaply by simply filming a trainer in a classroom. We don’t think that’s a good way to help students learn, nor does it engage learners.
Our course is highly interactive, and exercises have been designed to aid a deeper level of understanding, leading to longer-lasting learning.
We are confident that our interactive elearning will help you gain an understanding of business analysis so that you can sit your BA Foundation exam with confidence.
Benefits of elearning
Online self-study is ideal for busy people. By self-studying online rather than in a classroom there are some key benefits:
- Saves you time – you don’t need to travel to a course venue. You don’t even need to go to an exam centre because you can take your Foundation exam online too.
- Saves you money – the price of our BCS Business Analysis Foundation course is very competitive. It comes with an exam too, so there are no extra costs to you.
- Flexible schedule – you can study where and when you want – you only require internet access.
- Flexible delivery – you can study on any device. You can even study on your mobile whilst on the move, or in the coffee shop!
BCS Business Analysis Foundation exam
The BCS Business Analysis Foundation exam is taken at the end of the last afternoon on a classroom course, or within one year of purchasing an online self-study course.
- Style: Multiple-choice
- Questions: 40
- Pass mark: 65% (26/40)
- Duration: 60 minutes
- Materials allowed: Closed-book
- Pre-requisites: None