Buy BCS Foundation certificate in Business Analysis training
Buy BCS Foundation online training
Note: All prices exclusive of VAT.
Or select a classroom Foundation training course
Note: All prices exclusive of VAT.
Benefits of the BCS Foundation certificate in Business Analysis
The benefits of gaining the BCS Foundation certificate in Business Analysis are:
- You can improve your understanding of many common business analysis techniques
- You can increase your confidence when working as a business analyst
- You can boost your recognition within your organisation
- You can become a BCS Associate Member after gaining your certification and enjoy networking opportunities with over 70,000 professionals, as well as access to resources online
- You can gain an internationally recognised certification, enabling you to take your skills around the world
- You can map your skills and identify your goals along your career path by following the SFIAplus industry-standard framework.
BCS Foundation certificate training includes
BCS Foundation Certificate in Business Analysis
Both the BCS Business Analysis Foundation Certificate classroom training course and online self-study courses include:
- Training courses and materials accredited by BCS
- Exam preparation
- BCS Foundation in Business Analysis exam (paper or online exam)
- BCS Business Analysis manual 4th edition (classroom training only)
- Sample exam
- BCS Foundation Certificate in Business Analysis when you pass the exam
- 1-year BCS associate membership (from The Chartered Institute for IT) – terms and conditions apply.
Who should take the BCS Foundation certificate?
Target audience for the BCS Business Analysis Foundation certificate
The BCS Foundation certificate in Business Analysis course is suitable for business analysts, business managers and team members, business change managers, software development professionals, and project managers seeking continuing professional development (CPD), and employees wanting a foundation of business analysis techniques and best practices to call upon.
Enrol on this course if:
- You want to understand business analysis, support change and improve business processes, or
- You want to gain a professional business analysis foundation qualification to boost your career.
BCS Business Analysis Foundation classroom training
- Weekday courses (3 days): 09:30am - 17:30pm; or,
- Saturday and Sunday (2 days): 09:00am - 18:30pm.
Self-study BCS Business Analysis Foundation course online
- Self-study time required: 30 hours
- Course access duration: 12 months.
BCS Foundation in Business Analysis – learning outcomes
This training provides students with a broad understanding of business analysis, including:
- The role and competencies of a business analyst
- How to identify and evaluate options for improving your business
- Investigative techniques, including interviews, workshops, prototyping and scenarios
- How to categorise, analyse and manage stakeholders
- Making a business case and assessing feasibility
- How to document, manage and validate requirements.
These classroom training courses and online training cover all topics from the BCS Foundation Certificate in Business Analysis syllabus. The training focuses on understanding what business analysis is, the business analyst's role, the business analysis process, and common business analyst techniques.
The course covers the following topics:
- What is business analysis?
- The competencies of a business analyst
- Strategy analysis
- The Business Analysis Process Model
- Investigation techniques
- Stakeholder analysis and management
- Modelling business systems
- Modelling business processes
- Gathering the requirements
- Documenting and managing requirements
- Modelling requirements
- Delivering the requirements
- Making the financial case
- Business case development
- Implementing business change.
BCS Business Analysis Foundation e-learning
This online BCS Foundation course has been designed with the latest web technologies, so it works on Windows, MacOS, iOS and Android. It is fully responsive, so it fits any device and screen size – desktop, tablet and mobile. No browser plugins or installation files are required.
Best practice design
Like all our online courses, this BCS Foundation course has been designed using the latest best practices in e-learning.
Some competitors develop elearning cheaply by simply filming a trainer in a classroom. We don’t think that’s a good way for students learn, nor does it engage learners.
Our courses are highly interactive, and exercises have been designed to aid a deeper level of understanding, leading to longer-lasting learning.
We are confident that our interactive online courses will help you gain an understanding of business analysis so that you can sit your exam with confidence.
Benefits of elearning
Online training is ideal for busy people. By self-studying online rather than in a classroom there are some key benefits:
- Saves you time – you don’t need to travel to a course venue. You don’t even need to go to an exam centre because you can take your Foundation exam online too.
- Saves you money – the price of our BCS Business Analysis Foundation course is very competitive. It comes with Foundation examination too, so there are no extra costs to you.
- Flexible schedule – you can study where and when you want – you only require internet access.
- Flexible delivery – you can study on any device. You can even study on your mobile whilst on the move, or in the coffee shop!
BCS Foundation certificate exam
BCS Business Analysis Foundation examination
The BCS Foundation examination is taken at the end of the last afternoon on a classroom course, or within one year of purchasing an online elearning course.
- Style: Multiple-choice
- Questions: 40
- Pass mark: 65% (26/40)
- Duration: 60 minutes
- Materials allowed: Closed-book
- Pre-requisites: None
20 Old Bailey,
Customer Service: +44 (0) 207 148 5985
Our Google map coordinates are 51.521193, -0.099288.
Monday – 09:00 to 17:15
Tuesday – 09:00 to 17:15
Wednesday – 09:00 to 17:15
Thursday – 09:00 to 17:15
Friday – 09:00 to 17:15