Purchase a self-study course
Note: All prices exclusive of VAT.
Or select a course below
Note: All prices exclusive of VAT.
This ITIL Foundation course offers the following benefits:
- ITIL Foundation training provides comprehensive knowledge of IT Service Management best practices.
- After earning your ITIL Foundation certificate, you can advance your ITSM career via the ITIL 4 Managing Professional and ITIL 4 Strategic Leader certifications.
- ITIL v4 Foundation training provides continuity from previous versions of ITIL.
- One year's subscription to My ITIL (from AXELOS) is included with your ITIL Foundation exam. My ITIL provides ITIL qualification holders access to resources and content, helping you apply what you learned during your ITIL Foundation training.
The ITIL Foundation course comes with:
- Training and exam preparation from an approved ITIL Foundation trainer
- ITIL Foundation exam
- ITIL Foundation certification (on passing the exam)
- Official TSO ITIL 4 Handbook (classroom course only)
- Pre-course study materials
- Detailed course materials
- Sample exams.
Who should attend?
- Those who require a basic understanding of the ITIL framework
- Those who want to understand how ITIL can be used to enhance IT service management
- IT professionals or others working within an organization that has adopted ITIL.
ITIL Foundation course
- This course takes 3 days
- Classes begin at 09:00 am and end at 17:00 pm
- The ITIL Foundation exam can be sat at any time after completing the course
- There are 1-2 hours of homework to be completed after each day
- There are 2-3 hours of pre-course study to be completed before joining the course.
ITIL Foundation self-study course
- Self-study time required: 16 hours
- Course access duration: 12 months
- The ITIL Foundation exam can be sat at any time after completing your course.
Candidates will gain an understanding of:
- The guiding principles of ITIL 4
- The four dimensions of Service Management
- A holistic approach to the facilitation of co-creation of value with customers and other stakeholders in the form of products and services
- Key concepts from Lean, Agile, DevOps, and why these are important to deliver business value
- How ITIL practices maintain the value provided by current ITIL processes and expand to be integrated to different areas of service management and IT, from demand to value.
This ITIL Foundation course covers the following topics:
- Understanding the fundamental concepts of service management
- Key concepts of creating value through ITIL
- Key concepts of service relationships
- How the ITIL v4 guiding principles can help an organization adopt and adapt service management
- The nature, use, and interaction of the guiding principles
- The four dimensions of service management
- The purpose and components of the ITIL v4 service value system
- The interconnected nature of the service value chain and how this supports value streams
- The inputs, outputs, and purpose of each value chain activity
- The purpose and key terms of 15 ITIL v4 practices
- Understanding the 7 ITIL v4 practices
- ITIL v4 practices and how they fit within the service value chain.
Earning your ITIL Foundation certification through our self-study ITIL Foundation online course is ideal for working professionals. If you purchase an ITIL Foundation online course rather than a classroom course, you will enjoy the following benefits:
Save time – Online study requires no travel, saving you time and money otherwise spent commuting to a training venue. The ITIL Foundation exam is also sat online.
Save money – The price of our ITIL Foundation e-learning is very competitive. We also include the ITIL Foundation exam, and ITIL Foundation practice exams at no extra cost.
Flexible schedule – You can study where and when you want. All you need is an internet connection.
Flexible delivery – Our self-study ITIL Foundation course online is compatible with all home and mobile devices.
Paperless – No textbook is required when studying this course. All learning materials are provided through the online learning platform.
ITIL Foundation exam
The ITIL Foundation exam tests a student’s knowledge of the guiding principles of ITIL, the ITIL Service Value chain, the 4 dimensions of service management and the 15 ITIL practices.
- Style: Multiple-choice
- Questions: 40
- Pass mark: 65% (26/40)
- Duration: 60 minutes
- Materials allowed: Closed-book
- Pre-requisites: None
- Timing: At any time after completing the course
- Results: Same day.
20 Old Bailey,
Customer Service: +44 (0) 207 148 5985
Our Google map coordinates are 51.521193, -0.099288.
Monday – 09:00 to 17:15
Tuesday – 09:00 to 17:15
Wednesday – 09:00 to 17:15
Thursday – 09:00 to 17:15
Friday – 09:00 to 17:15