P3O Practitioner course
P3O Practitioner training provides students with an understanding of how to deploy a portfolio, programme, or project management office (PMO) using the P3O framework. Students gain an understanding of:
- How to develop the required business case to obtain approval of a P3O project
- How to identify and build an appropriate P3O model
- How to adapt the P3O model to suit an organization’s needs
- How to identify the most appropriate roles required for a P3O structure
- How to plan the implementation of P3O
- How to use appropriate tools and techniques while advising a P3O model
- How to approach the P3O Practitioner exam.
P3O Foundation and Practitioner course
P3O Foundation and Practitioner training provides students with an understanding of the P3O framework and how to deploy a PMO using the P3O framework.
Students gain an understanding of the learning outcomes listed above for the Practitioner course, in addition to the ones below which come from the P3O Foundation course:
- High-level P3O models and their component roles
- Differences between portfolio, programme, and project management
- Key functions and services of a P3O
- Reasons for establishing a P3O model
- Differences between types of P3O model and how to select the most appropriate model
- Tools and techniques used by P3O practitioners
- Purpose and major responsibilities of defined P3O roles
- How to approach the P3O Foundation exam.
The P3O Practitioner course covers all topics from the P3O Practitioner syllabus. This includes the following topics:
- P3O models and tailoring
- Advanced P3O roles
- P3O Practitioner exam preparation.
P3O Foundation & Practitioner
The P3O Foundation & Practitioner course covers all topics from the P3O Practitioner syllabus listed above, PLUS the topics from the Foundation syllabus listed below:
- Introduction to P3O
- Why have a P3O
- Designing a P3O model
- P3O roles
- Implementing a P3O
- Operating a P3O
- P3O Foundation exam preparation.