Purchase a self-study course
Note: All prices exclusive of VAT.
Or select a course below
Note: All prices exclusive of VAT.
The benefits of gaining the APM Project Fundamentals Qualification certificate are:
- You can improve your core understanding of project management
- You can increase your confidence of making a positive contribution on projects
- You can boost your recognition within your organisation as someone with project management knowledge
- You can gain an internationally recognised certification, enabling you to take your skills around the world
- You can map your skills and identify your career goals by following the APM Competence Framework.
Both the APM PFQ classroom training and online self-study courses include:
- Training courses and materials accredited by APM
- APM PFQ exam preparation
- APM PFQ exam
- APM Body of Knowledge7th edition (classroom course only)
- Sample APM PFQ exam
- APM Project Fundamentals Qualification when you pass the exam.
Who should study for the APM PFQ?
An APM Fundamentals course is suitable for any of the following:
- Current/aspiring project managers or project team members
- Non-project professionals wanting to understand basic project management concepts
- Anyone intending to progress towards the higher APM Project Management Qualification (PMQ).
Classroom or virtual classroom PFQ course
- Weekday courses (2 days): 09:30am - 17:30pm
- Homework: 1 hour per night with 2-3 hours reading prior to the course.
Self-study PFQ online course
- Self-study time required: 25 hours.
APM Project Fundamentals Qualification training provides students with a basic understanding of projects and project management, including:
- Projects and the operating environment
- Project life cycles including linear, iterative and hybrid
- Project roles and responsibilities
- Project planning
- Managing benefits
- Managing stakeholders
- Managing scope and changes
- Managing and optimising resources using schedules
- Managing issues and risks
- Planning and managing quality
- Communicating on projects
- Leadership and teamwork.
The APM PFQ courses (online and classroom) covers all topics from the APM Project Foundation Qualification syllabus. This includes the following topics:
Project and the operating environment
- Project management
- Programme management
- Portfolio management
- Project environment.
Project life cycle
- Project life cycle
- Extended project life cycle.
Project management organisation
- Roles and responsibilities.
Project management planning
- Stakeholder management
- Benefits management
- Deployment baselines
- Success criteria
- Scope management
- Change control
- Configuration management.
Resource scheduling and optimisation
- Resource optimisation
Risk and issue management
- Risk management
- Issue management.
- Project reviews.
- Project communication plan.
Leadership and teamwork
The self-study course has been designed with the latest web technologies, so it works on Windows, MacOS, iOS and Android. It is fully responsive, so it fits any device and screen size – desktop, tablet and mobile. No browser plugins or installation files are required.
Best practice design
Like all our online courses, this APM PFQ course has been designed using the latest best practices in elearning.
Some competitors develop elearning cheaply by simply filming a trainer in a classroom. We don’t think that’s a good way to help students learn, nor does it engage learners.
Our course is highly interactive, and exercises have been designed to aid a deeper level of understanding, leading to longer-lasting learning.
We are confident that our interactive elearning will help you gain an understanding of project management so that you can sit your APM PFQ exam with confidence.
Benefits of elearning
Online self-study is ideal for busy people. By self-studying online rather than in a classroom there are some key benefits:
- Saves you time – you don’t need to travel to a course venue. You don’t even need to go to an exam centre because you can take your APM PFQ exam online too.
- Saves you money – the price of our APM PFQ course is very competitive. It comes with an exam too, so there are no extra costs to you.
- Flexible schedule – you can study where and when you want – you only require internet access.
- Flexible delivery – you can study on any device. You can even study on your mobile whilst on the move, or in the coffee shop!
APM PFQ exam
The APM PFQ exam is taken at the end of the last afternoon on a classroom course, or within one year of purchasing an online self-study course.
- Style: Multiple-choice
- Questions: 60
- Pass mark: 60% (36/60)
- Duration: 60 minutes
- Materials allowed: Closed-book
- Pre-requisites: None
- Results: Same day.