Change management model - Kübler-Ross - with infographic
The Kübler-Ross model was known as the change curve and sometimes referred to as:
- The transition curve;
- The copying cycle, or;
- The human response to change.
Elizabeth’s model is important for change management because it shows valuable insights on how people face change. For example:
- It is a helpful way to look at change;
- It is easily communicated;
- It explains many characteristic patterns of response observed in change processes;
- It shows how personal performance, energy and mood vary through the normal process of human change.
Stages of the curve
- Anger or blame;
- Bargaining and self-blame;
The change curve is a personal journey. Don’t expect all members of a group to experience change the same way. Different personalities, life experiences and personal circumstances will affect the way different individuals respond. And how quickly they respond as well.
Check out the infographic below for more details on how to apply your change initiative in your organisation. This change management model is covered in detail on our Change Management training courses.