Change management model – ADKAR® - with infographic
Jeff Hiatt is an entrepreneur who created the ADKAR® model. This resulted from his research into business process restructuring. He believed that the key for successful change was the human factor.
A company called Prosci® has adopted Hiatt’s model. It helps with the application of this technique in organisations. (Prosci® and ADKAR® are registered trademarks of Procsi Inc.)
The stages for the ADKAR® model are:
- Awareness of the need to change;
- Desire to participate in and support the change;
- Knowledge of how to change;
- Ability to implement the change;
- Reinforcement to sustain the change.
This model targets individuals during the change process. The Adkar change management model is covered in detail on these Change Management courses.