BCS Business Analysis online courses & certification
Boost your business analyst career
Currently working as, or want to work as, a business analyst? If so, a Business Analysis course from the BCS (The Chartered Institute for IT) equips you with the knowledge, processes and techniques needed to perform effectively in the role.
Pay by card, PayPal, bank transfer or invoice.
All prices are exclusive of VAT.
£5 from your booking goes to charity!
Pay by instalments?
0% interest loan available.
Call us on +44 (0)207 148 5985 to discuss
Special discount available on this online course. Offer ends Friday!
- Accredited BCS Foundation Certificate in Business Analysis online training (12 months’ access)
- Sample Foundation exam
- Voucher to sit your BCS Foundation Certificate in Business Analysis exam online
- Full support from an Business Analysis subject expert
- Immediate access after purchase
- High quality interactive CBT materials
- Extensive Business Analysis glossary
Click here to try the demo view demo
This course at a glance
- Format: online
- Access: 12 months
- Device: Desktop, tablet, mobile
- OS: Windows, MacOS, iOS, Android
- Duration: 30 hours
- Certificate: Business Analysis Foundation (BCS)
- Pre-requisite: none
- Exam: included, taken online
- Accredited: yes
- Course code: BAFo
Online course with Business Analysis Foundation exam.
The BCS Business Analysis Foundation online course equip you with the knowledge and qualifications required to succeed as a business analyst.
This course has been designed with the latest web technologies. It is fully responsive so it works on any device and screen size. No browser plugins or installation files required.
At the end of this course you will have gained an understanding of all aspects of business analysis (BA) as defined within the syllabus for the BCS Foundation Certificate in Business Analysis. You will also be ready to sit the BCS Foundation Certificate in BA examination.
Designed for long lasting learning
Like all our online courses, this Business Analysis course has been designed using the latest best practices in elearning.
Some competitors develop elearning cheaply by simply filming a trainer in a classroom. We don’t think that’s a good way to help students learn, nor does it engage learners.
Our course is highly interactive and exercises have been designed to aid a deeper level of understanding, leading to longer-lasting learning. We are confident that our interactive elearning will help you gain an understanding of agile project management so that you can sit your BA Foundation certificate exam with confidence.
The course is fully responsive so it works on all devices – desktop, table and mobile. Because it is built with the latest web technologies it will also work on Windows, MacOS, iOS and Android.
This course consists of 14 self-paced interactive modules spread over 43 bite-size episodes which cover the full BCS BA Foundation syllabus. After completing all modules, you can use the BCS Business Analysis Foundation exam simulators to prepare for your online examination. The modules are:
- Introduction to Business Analysis
- The Role and Competencies of a Business Analyst
- Strategy Analysis
- The Business Analysis Process Model
- Investigation Techniques
- Stakeholder Analysis and Management
- Modelling Business Processes
- Defining the Solution
- Making a Business and Financial Case
- Establishing the Requirements
- Documenting and Managing Requirements
- Modelling Requirements
- Delivering the Requirements
- Delivering the Business Solution
With quizzes and exam simulators to aid knowledge retention, you will be well-equipped to pass the BCS BA Foundation exam.
We expect that it will take about 30 hours to complete the full course and sit the exam. Because each person learns at a different pace, some students may require more time, others less time.
- Pre-requisites: none
- Time: 60 minutes
- Questions: 40 multiple-choice
- Exam style: closed book (i.e. no reference materials allowed)
- Pass mark: 26 or more correct answers to pass (i.e. 65%)
- Results: immediate
- Exam registration: you can sit your BCS Business Analysis Foundation exam anywhere, anytime. You just need to book it more than 7 days in advance. To book your exam you need to email us.
Why study your BCS Business Analysis Foundation online?
Studying online is ideal for busy people. If you study online rather than in a classroom there are some key benefits:
Saves time – Studying online means you don’t need to travel to a course venue to study. You don’t even need to go to an exam centre because you can take your Foundation exam online too.
Saves money – the price of our Business Analysis Foundation course is very competitive. It comes with an exam too, so there’s no extra costs to you.
Flexible schedule – you can study where and when you want. The only requirement is that you need internet access.
Flexible delivery – you can study on any device. You can even study on your mobile whilst on the move, or in the coffee shop!
There are four levels of business analysis certification offered by BCS (The Chartered Institute for IT):
- Foundation Certificate in Business Analysis – 1-hour exam, 40 multiple choice questions. Entry-level certificate with no pre-requisites. Suitable for aspiring business analysts. This is the most common business analysis qualification in the UK.
- International Diploma in Business Analysis - You must pass 4 modules and take a 50-minute oral exam. Suitable for practicing business analysts wishing to demonstrate their skills.
- Advanced International Diploma in Business Analysis - you must pass 4 modules. Suitable for business analysts at the top of their career wishing to demonstrate advanced knowledge.
- Expert Business Analysis Award - you must complete an assessment, project assignment and interview. Suitable for senior business analysts who want recognition of their expertise.
Who should take it?
Take this course if you:
- Want to gain the skills to work as a business analyst; or,
- Want to understand key business analysis techniques; or,
- Want to gain a professional business analysis qualification to boost your career.
As an individual the main benefits of gaining professional business analysis certification are:
- you can boost your business analyst job opportunities because BA certification is still relatively rare;
- you can boost your understanding of how to perform many business analysis techniques;
- you can boost your confidence when working as a business analyst;
- you can boost your recognition within your organisation as business analyst.
Which business analysis certification is best in the UK?
The most popular business analysis certifications in the UK are the ones from the BCS. Of these, the BCS Foundation Certificate in Business Analysis is the most popular. You will learn the most important business analysis techniques from this course.
Business analysts perform a vital role in helping organisations achieve business goals by introducing changes and improving business processes.
Challenging but rewarding
Though the work business analysts do is valuable, it is a challenging and demanding role. You must be a great problem-solver with an analytical mind and strong communication skills. But once you have helped a company identify problems and solutions, the job satisfaction can be immense.
Business analysts are often well-paid roles, usually in large organisations.
Which version of the AgilePM Handbook is the course based on?
All our AgilePM training courses follow the Agile Project Management v2.0 syllabus and handbook. Both the syllabus and handbook are based upon the Agile Project Framework, which is the latest version of DSDM.
Are there any prerequisites for the course?
No. This course and exam has no prerequisites. However, passing the BCS BA Foundation exam is a prerequisite if you want to later apply for any of the higher-level BCS qualifications.
Can I get extra time in the exam for language/medical reasons?
If you have a medical issue, or English is not your native language, please talk to us before taking your exam. We can contact the BCS to request extra time for you. Please note that any medical issue will normally require proof, such as a doctor’s note.
Are there any example exam questions?
Yes. As part of your online training you will be given access to 1 full sample Foundation exam paper.
Do you offer discounts for group bookings?
Yes. Please contact us to discuss your requirements with our customer service staff.
Are your online courses refundable?
Yes. Online course bookings can be cancelled if notice is received 7 days after purchase. You must not have accessed and used the course. We are very customer centric and always try to work with customers to achieve an outcome that works for everyone.
Please see our full terms and conditions for more details.
How long does my booking confirmation take?
If you book and pay online, you will receive instant access to your online course. If we haven’t received payment for the booking, an invoice will be emailed to you. Once you have paid for the course and notified us, then we will send you login details for your course.
Bookings placed before 5pm are processed same day. All bookings placed outside business hours will be processed in the morning of the next working day.
Are there any additional costs?