Kick-start your new career in project management
A project management qualification will help you succeed whether you are just beginning your career journey, changing careers or taking the leap from supporting projects to managing. Boost your CV and learn new skills with one of the courses we offer below.
If you are planning to change career to work in project management, building up your knowledge and skills is a must. Perhaps you are considering gaining a qualification to enhance your CV and prove your ability to prospective employers.
Do any of these sound like you?
I have no prior experience working on or managing projects
I have worked on some projects before, but need to learn more about managing them
I have some experience working with projects, but I’d like a qualification to back that up on my CV
If so, read on to see how you can improve your project management practices.
Making that career transition
A successful career transition is a result of having the required qualifications, skills and experience. PRINCE2 certification is widely recognised as an essential starting point in the project management sector and elements of project work can be found in many jobs. This means that you may already have some transferable skills that you can add to your CV.
If you are still wondering whether project management is for you, perhaps you need to take an introductory course to learn the basic principles. Overall, one of the great things about any of our courses is that you don’t need any experience before attending.
Which course to choose?
The 5 day PRINCE2 Foundation and Practitioner course is our best-selling course that is suitable for beginners. PRINCE2 certification is widely demanded by employers in the project management sector, so it is your ideal starting point before applying for jobs.
A PRINCE2 qualification will show prospective employers that you can:
- Work as an informed member of a project team
- Approach projects in a methodical, structured manner
- Apply the method to different project scenarios
- Understand PRINCE2 vocabulary and use it within a project team
- Use key risk management techniques to help avoid failure
You can take this course in a classroom or online.
To get your foot in the door of the project management sector, PRINCE2 is always your number one bet. But the more relevant qualifications you have, the more opportunities you are going to create and that’s certainly true for the AgilePM Practitioner qualification.
Our AgilePM courses were designed to apply the best project management methods (such as PRINCE2) to Agile projects. Having an AgilePM qualification and PRINCE2 will set you apart from the crowd by showing employers how adaptable and diverse your approach can be.
An AgilePM qualification shows prospective employers that you can:
- Respond quickly to change while reducing risk
- Deliver in increments, on time every time
- Understand the setup of an Agile project team
- Apply AgilePM methods effectively on Agile projects
Non-accredited project management training
If you are not ready to gain certification but would like to see if project management is the career for you, then our 1 day Introduction to Project Management course is ideal. This course introduces the concept of project management and provides you with some core practical skills to add to your CV.
A 1 day Introduction to Project Management course will:
- Give you a full understanding of how projects work
- Provide you with knowledge such as how to write a project plan, define scope and manage risks and changes
- Teach you common project management terminology
- Help you to decide whether a project management career is for you
- Enhance your CV for project management jobs
There are more things you can do to get your project management career off to a good start. Here are some of those:
- If you are currently working, ask your employer if you can get involved on a project
- Shadow a project manager
- Find yourself a career coach
- Practice project management within your personal life: sports, music, training, blogging, reading, family etc
- Join online and offline communities to get a taster of project management and whether it is for you
- Get a feel for the style of the PRINCE2 exam questions with some helpful tips and strategies with these guides to passing the Foundation exam and passing the practitioner exam
- Discover how much you could be earning in your next job in this Project Manager Salaries ebook
To discuss your needs further, please contact our advisors who will be happy to advise.