PRINCE2® exam pass rates
For many people, just passing the PRINCE2 exams is enough! However, before choosing a PRINCE2 course or sitting your exam you might be interested in knowing what the PRINCE2 exam pass rates are.
UK national average pass rates
The average PRINCE2 exam pass rate across the whole of the UK across all training companies is 97% for Foundation, and 73% for Practitioner. This has been consistent for a number of years now.
Knowledge Train’s pass rates
|% Pass mark||55%||55%|
|UK Average pass rate||97%||73%|
|Knowledge Train's pass rate*||99%||83%|
Trusting a training academy
Choosing your PRINCE2 training academy can be minefield of conflicting, and outright false claims. Be aware that the less trustworthy companies will blatantly lie about their pass rates. So, how do you separate out the good from the bad? Well, here’s one thing you can do. Read their online PRINCE2 course reviews.
Check out their Google or Facebook page or review web sites. Don’t be fooled by that eye-catching TrustPilot widget on the academy’s web site giving them nothing but 5-star reviews. That’s been filtered to only show you the best ones. Check deep down into the list of reviews to really find out what their customers think about them.
Here’s a few of the things which we’ve read in reviews about one very large PRINCE2 training academy in the UK:
- cancelling a classroom course and making students study online instead of giving them a refund;
- telling students during the course that they must take their exam at home on the last day, when they thought the exam would be taken during the class;
- trainers being unqualified to teach the course;
- trainers complaining about the academy in front of the students;
- claiming its classes were small when it had over 30 students on them;
- pestering in advance to get the student’s money, then providing no subsequent customer service;
- cancelling a course and then making it very difficult for students to get a refund.
So, if you read reviews like these, then don’t trust what the academy says about its PRINCE2 exam pass rates either.
There’s lots more examples we could give but we’ll leave it for you to do your own research. We’re sure you can arm yourself with the knowledge to weed out the false claims of an academy.
Check out this article for a much more detailed look at selecting a reputable training provider.
Helping you pass
Of course, the best way to help you to pass your PRINCE2 exams is to join us on one of our courses which even run at the weekend. Alternatively, if you cannot afford the time to attend a class then you can always self-study online.
We’ve also put together some great tips to help you with your PRINCE2 Foundation and Practitioner exams. These articles explain the styles of question you will face on the exams and contain some tips to help you both before and during the exams.
Simon Buehring is the Founder and Managing Director of Knowledge Train.