Certification for Agile Business Analysts
Agile business analysts
Many organisations today are employing agile business analysts. They are business analysts who typically work in an agile project environment (whether software or other).
Agile business analysis course
APMG International developed, in partnership with the Agile Business Consortium, the AgileBA® certification (Agile Business Analysis). These training courses will help develop your skills to become a competent business analyst in an agile project team.
Other associations offer certified agile business analysis like BCS and IIBA®.
APMG’s certification scheme for agile business analyst course (Agile BA) comes in two levels:
AgileBA® Foundation course
The AgileBA Foundation course offers delegates common agile principles suitable for a business analyst. In addition, you will learn about agile business analysis techniques.
The agile business analysis book is called: AgileBA® Agile Business Analysis Handbook. The Scrum Framework is not covered by this course.
This course is for:
- Current business analysts;
- Agile team members wanting to become agile business analysts;
- Product owners and managers;
- Individuals studying towards the AgileBA Practitioner certificate.
There are no prerequisites for entering this course. The Foundation course will cover the following topics:
- The role of the business analyst in an agile world;
- Agile fundamentals and agile business analysis;
- The agile business case;
- Stakeholders in an agile project;
- Requirements and user stories;
- Timeboxing and iterative development;
- Requirements planning and estimating throughout the lifecycle;
- The requirements lifecycle in an agile project;
- Making the transition to agile business analysis;
After the course, you may sit the AgileBA Foundation exam. The exam format is as follows:
- Multiple choice questions;
- 50 questions per paper;
- 25 marks required to pass (out of 50 available) – 50%;
- 40-minute duration;
- Closed book.
If you pass the Foundation exam, you would be eligible to sit the AgileBA Practitioner exam.
AgileBA® Practitioner course
The AgileBA Practitioner course is for delegates who want to put AgileBA theory into practice. Since you have the knowledge from the Foundation course, you will now learn how to apply it in your organisation.
The topics you will study in this course are:
- The philosophy and principles of the DSDM Agile Project Framework;
- Agile practices in a project like: Facilitated workshops, MoSCoW Prioritisation, iterative development and modelling;
- Testing, estimating and evaluating the benefits delivery in an agile project;
- The mechanisms for facilitation and support within an agile project;
- The agile approach to managing and prioritising requirements.
After the course, you may sit the AgileBA Practitioner exam. The exam format is as follows:
- Complex multiple-choice questions;
- 4 questions per paper with 20 marks available per questions;
- 40 marks required to pass (out of 80 available) - 50%;
- 2.5-hour duration;
- Open book (AgileBA Handbook only).
Certified Agile Business Analyst
When you pass each exam, you can claim a digital badge representing your certificates from APMG. It can be embedded on your email signature, website, social media or digital resume.
This is proof from APMG that you have a certified agile business analyst. It will show your organisation or employers that you are confident in the subject of agile business analysis.
IIBA® is a registered trademark owned by International Institute of Business Analysis.