Project Management Institute (PMI)® online course & certification
Project management certification with PMI
The two qualifications below are accredited by the Project Management Institute®, the US-based association for project managers. PMI qualifications are desirable especially in the US, Middle East and Asia.
Our PMI online courses equip you with the knowledge needed to get certified and advance your project management career. Each course can be done online, anywhere in the world.
Global project management standard
PMI certification is based upon the best practice guidance found in the PMBOK® Guide. The PMBOK® Guide is an American standard for project management. Its guidance is used to manage projects by organisations in many different industries throughout the world.
Complements project management methodologies
PMI certification provides you with in-depth knowledge of project processes and best practice project management techniques. It provides you knowledge of a project management standard but is not a methodology itself. As such it compliments well-known project management methodologies such as PRINCE2.
As PMI certification requires proof of experience and a certain level of education, this makes it an asset for project managers looking to prove their knowledge and experience to employers.
Levels of PMI certification
PMI offers 2 levels of certification:
Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)®
- CAPM is the entry-level PMI certificate.
- It’s suitable for aspiring/current project support staff or project managers.
- It equips you with a solid understanding of best practice skills and knowledge.
- You require either 1,500 hours of project experience and a pre-university qualification, or 23 hours of project management education.
Project Management Professional (PMP)®
- PMP is designed for experienced project managers.
- It equips you with a deep understanding of best practice project management techniques, skills and knowledge.
- You require either a pre-university qualification, 35 hours of project management education and 7,500 hours of experience leading projects; or a university degree, 35 hours of project management education and 4,500 hours of experience leading projects.