Business case writing course (London)
- Course Duration: 0
Learn to write compelling business cases on this 1-day course!
Gain the tools required for strengthening your business case and increase your chances of getting it approved with this London-based course. Led by an expert trainer and experienced project manager, this course equips you with the skills to write a compelling business case every time. An essential course for anyone tasked with writing or approving business cases on projects.
Book online by selecting a date below.
We accept credit/debit card, PayPal, bank transfer or we can invoice your organization.
Please note: all prices exclusive of VAT.
£5 from your booking goes to charity!
For further enquiries, call +44 (0)20 7148 5985.
Need training for your team?
Well, this course is perfect for in-house delivery. We can provide a quote and arrange for our expert trainer to provide the course at your premises. Our trainer is happy to tailor the course to your requirements, meaning you get the full benefits of the course. Simply contact us by filling in the form or calling 0207 148 5985.
This course at a glance
- Duration: 1 day
- Location: London
- Hours: 9:30-16:30
- Pre-requisite: none
- Pre-course: none
- Class size: small
- PMI PDUs awarded: 6
This 1-day course in London will equip you with the tools and techniques you need to write a clear and concise business case. Suitable for anyone tasked with writing, or approving a business case, whether experienced or a beginner.
You will discover exactly what decision makers need to know, the techniques you’ll need for strengthening the business case and how best to present the business case. Our experienced trainer will leave you with the confidence to write a business case with a better chance of being approved.
Writing a business case can be daunting. Even experienced project managers sometimes find it a challenge. This course provides much more than just business case templates.
Located in the centre of London, you can easily travel to the course too.
Who should attend?
- Those involved in writing business cases including: programme managers, project managers, project support staff or business analysts; or,
- Managers involved in approving business cases.
The training course will cover the following topics:
- Business case preparation
- Essential elements of a business case
- The Five Case Model
- Business case template
- What decision makers need to know for approval
- How stakeholder analysis can boost your pitch
- Making the business case visually appealing
- Project or programme objectives
- Understanding cost drivers (TCO, ROI, PV)
- Clarifying sources of funding
- Project outputs, outcomes and benefits
- Quantitative and qualitative benefits
- Tools for strengthening the case.
- Strategic Fitness Scorecards and Solution Comparison Matrices
- Cost-Impact Graphs and Force Field Analysis
- High project timeframes
- Identifying key risks
- Writing a compelling Executive Summary
- Checklist before submitting the business case
- Team presentations