PRINCE2® Foundation Courses with Certification (London)
2-day course with PRINCE2 Foundation exam.
2-day PRINCE2 Foundation course in London. Provides you with the entry-level PRINCE2 Foundation certification. 99% pass rate.
Our PRINCE2 2017 courses in London help you get your PRINCE2 qualifications. Accredited by PeopleCert on behalf of AXELOS.
Select a course below - spaces available.
Book by selecting a date below.
Pay by card, PayPal, bank transfer or invoice.
All prices are exclusive of VAT.
£5 from your booking goes to charity!
Pay by instalments?
0% interest loan available.
Call us on +44 (0)207 148 5985 to discuss
Great savings available on selected dates. Offer ends Friday!
London venueKnowledge Train, 14 Charterhouse Square,
Barbican, London, EC1M 6AX, UK.
This course provides everything needed to get the entry-level PRINCE2 Foundation qualification.
This PRINCE2 Foundation course in London is for people supporting or working on projects.
Eligibility requirements: none.
You’ll need to complete 7 hours of precourse reading.
Homework of 1-2 hours will be set.
This course lasts 2 days. The course times are:
- Monday*: 09:00am - 17:00pm;
- Tuesday: 09:00am - 17:00pm.
*If Monday is a Bank Holiday, classes start on Tuesday and end on Wednesday.
- Foundation exam - Tuesday at 3:30pm (Wednesday during Bank Holiday weeks)
At the end of this PRINCE2 Foundation course you will be able to:
- Act as an informed member of a project management team using the PRINCE2 method;
- Understand key concepts relating to projects and PRINCE2;
- Understand how the PRINCE2 principles underpin the method;
- Understand the PRINCE2 themes and how they are applied throughout the project;
- Understand the PRINCE2 processes and how they are carried out throughout the project.
- Tests you on the terminology and concepts of the PRINCE2 methodology;
- 60 minutes;
- 60 multiple-choice questions;
- Pass mark: 55%;
- Closed-book exam;
- Provisional results received same-day;
- PeopleCert emails your official result and e-certificate after 3 business days.
If you’re self-studying, the PRINCE2 Foundation exam cost is shown on our exams page.
The full syllabus can be found on the AXELOS web site.
During this course you’ll learn the PRINCE2 approach to projects. By the end of day 2 you’ll be prepared for the Foundation exam.
The Foundation course covers these topics:
Key PRINCE2 project management terminology is explained and the differences between projects and business as usual are discussed. Students learn about the structure of PRINCE2 and discuss the context in which projects are initiated.
Project life cycle
Every project undergoes a series of steps – a beginning, a middle and an end. PRINCE2 provides processes which take place both before and during the project. Students gain an overview understanding of the 7 processes, when they occur and who is responsible.
Business case theme
Every organization requires a business case to justify its investment in a project. Students learn how a business case is created and updated, by whom, and how it is used on the project to take decisions.
The project management team represents the major stakeholders on a project. Each member if the team is responsible for taking decisions. Students learn about the different roles, and each of their responsibilities.
The project must deliver products which will enable outcomes to come about within the sponsoring organization. Students learn how to plan for and manage quality on the project.
At the end of day 1, students will do about 2 hours of homework.
Plans contain a description of what will be delivered, by whom, when and at what cost. Students learn about the different levels of plan, who creates them, and how they are used during a project.
Every project has risk. Risk is a key factor in the decision to undertake a project, or to continue wit it once it has started. Students learn to apply a risk management procedure to identify, estimate, respond to, and report about risks.
It is important to take sensible decisions when considering proposed changes, otherwise a project can be delayed or suffer from cost overruns. Students learn a change control procedure to manage changes effectively.
Projects inevitably never go according to plan. The progress being made must be tracked against what was expected. Students learn about different progress controls and how they are used on a project.
- Starting up a project;
- Directing a project;
- Initiating a project;
- Controlling a stage;
- Managing product delivery;
- Managing a stage boundary;
- Closing a project.
Students learn about the 7 processes, when they are performed, who performs them, and the inputs and outputs of each one. During this discussion, students learn when the themes are applied, who applies them, and how they are applied.
Students sit the PRINCE2 Foundation exam during class at the end of day 2. Exam results are given out immediately.
- Foundation exam;
- 1 free exam resit;
- PRINCE2 Foundation certificate (after passing exam);
- Sample exams.
- Managing Successful Projects with PRINCE2 (Publisher: TSO. ISBN: 9780113315338).
Training course materials
- Online precourse preparation;
- Classroom training from an approved trainer;
- Detailed Foundation course guide;
- Full colour PRINCE2 process model wall charts.
- Free WiFi.
Students in the classroom in London.
Students focusing on the London course.
Why choose us?
We’re a small ethical company. We don’t believe in corporate greed. We do believe in giving back to the community. That’s why we donate to charity every month.
You can read all the reasons to choose us here.
Our courses give you the best chance of passing your PRINCE2 Foundation exam.
You can see this from our pass rates:
- Foundation exam pass rate - 99.5% (UK national average 97%)
We’re based in London and accredited by PeopleCert to deliver certified PRINCE2 courses with exams.
Since 2005, our trainers have helped over 20,000 people gain professional PRINCE2 certification. Our experience means we know how to help you gain your certification too.
Our course materials are designed to help you in 4 ways:
- To help you learn PRINCE2 in the quickest time possible;
- To help you develop a deeper understanding of the subject so that your learning lasts longer;
- To help you understand the subject so that you can be more effective at work;
- To maximize your chance of passing the exam.
261 customer reviews
The quality of the information and enthusiasm was very strong.
Slightly confused on some occasions as to whether I should be looking at the textbook or the course handbook for information being presented.
Nevertheless, I would certainly recommend this course to others!
Rahielah Hussain, Disruptive Vision Ltd
Daniel Morgan: How PRINCE2 helped me get the job.
Listen to our PRINCE2 Foundation course trainers:
Our trainers are experts in PRINCE2 and all have real-world experience of applying it in different environments.