Your PRINCE2 training pre-course study
When you attend any one of our PRINCE2 training courses, you want to feel properly prepared for this stimulating and challenging experience. Knowledge Train often speaks to people who are keen to discover effective strategies for pre-course preparation. How much work should you complete before the course begins? Can you give yourself a head start in the training room? After all, you want to maximise your chances of success.
Clear, concise, convenient
In the days or weeks leading up to your course, it is crucial to familiarise yourself with the PRINCE2 approach to projects. That is why every PRINCE2 training course at Knowledge Train includes our exclusive PRINCE2 pre-course study: a clearly-written overview of one of the most popular project management methods in the world, supported by a glossary of key terms and full-colour process model diagram.
Advantages of our PRINCE2 pre-course study
- Exclusive to Knowledge Train;
- Produced by an experienced, APM Group-approved PRINCE2 trainer;
- Focuses on essential Foundation-level syllabus areas you need for the exam;
- Specially designed to complement our courses;
- Introduces the key aspects of PRINCE2, as well as important terminology;
- Written in easy-to-understand language;
- Presented in short, manageable sections;
- Helps to prepare you for your PRINCE2 course
In conjunction with our training courses, the pre-course reading leads to some fantastic PRINCE2 Practitioner exam results, testament to the commitment of delegates and trainers.
Focused, structured preparation
Knowledge Train’s PRINCE2 pre-course study is targeted to meet the needs of delegates, offering a structured approach to introductory reading. With our concise overview of the method, the amount of time required to prepare for a PRINCE2 course is just 3 to 4 hours; having trained hundreds of people, our instructors recognise that there is little point in delegates overburdening themselves with pre-course preparation.
PRINCE2 pre-course study is available online, via Knowledge Train’s convenient e-Learning centre, accompanied by several interactive features intended to enhance study. Test your knowledge of PRINCE2 with the pre-course quiz, view the discussion forum to find answers to common training questions, and enjoy getting to know other delegates with the chat facility.
What’s covered by the pre-course materials?
In order to focus your learning prior to coming to our courses, we have only provided you with the most essential elements from the course, each element, concisely summarized into bite-sized nuggets. Below are the separate nuggets which you will be given access to:
- Where will the course be held?
- Lesson 1: Introduction to PRINCE2
- Lesson 2: PRINCE2 Principles
- Lesson 3: PRINCE2 themes
- Lesson 4: Business Case
- Lesson 5: Organization
- Lesson 6: Quality
- Lesson 7: Plans
- Lesson 8: Risk
- Lesson 9: Change
- Lesson 10: Progress
- Lesson 11: PRINCE2 processes
- Lesson 12: Starting Up a Project
- Lesson 13: Directing a Project
- Lesson 14: Initiating a Project
- Lesson 15: Controlling a Stage
- Lesson 16: Managing Product Delivery
- Lesson 17: Managing a Stage Boundary
- Lesson 18: Closing a Project
- Lesson 19: Management Products
- PRINCE2 Glossary
- PRINCE2 process model (PDF)
- Pre-course Quiz
- PRINCE2 Foundation sample exam 1
- PRINCE2 Foundation sample exam 2
Is your pre-course study enough?
Knowledge Train’s pre-course study has been designed to make your study time as effective as possible, but without you having to spend days in advance to prepare. It’s not an exaggeration to say that many PRINCE2 training organizations send out the PRINCE2 manual in advance of the course to students and then ask them to read several chapters. Honestly, this is what we used to do too, until we realized that it wasn’t effective. This was because people found it difficult to read the manual and make sense of it. That’s when we decided to write our own pre-course materials.
The companies who send out the manual often will ask you to spend 18 hours of study time even BEFORE you set foot in their classroom. Well, we take a different view, which is that we like to help our students as much as possible by making it as easy as possible to study and for them to gain their accreditation. That’s why our pre-course study materials only take on average between 3-4 hours to read.