ITIL® Foundation online course & certification
Online course (16 hours) with ITIL Foundation exam.
Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) is the world’s most popular IT Service Management (ITSM) framework. It’s used in all industries to boost the efficiency of IT departments and meet business goals.
Who should take it?
ITIL Foundation certification is the entry level ITIL qualification. Ideal if you want to gain both the skills and certification needed to succeed in your IT service management career.
Buy now or call +44 (0)20 7148 5985 with any questions
£5 from your booking goes to charity!
- Fully accredited ITIL Foundation online training (12 months’ access)
- Interactive online course with downloadable resources
- ITIL Foundation exam simulators
- ITIL Foundation exam and certificate (taken online)
- Full support from an approved subject matter expert
Click here to try the demo view demo
This course at a glance
- Format: Online
- Access: 12 months
- Device: Desktop, table, mobile
- OS: Windows, MacOS, iOS, Android
- Duration: 16 hours
- Certificate: ITIL Foundation (Axelos)
- Pre-requisite: none
- Exam: included
- Pass rate: 91%
- Accredited: yes
- Course code: ITILFo
Designed for long lasting learning
Like all our online courses, this ITIL Foundation course has been designed using the latest best practices in elearning.
Some competitors develop elearning cheaply by simply filming a trainer in a classroom. We don’t think that’s a good way to help students learn, nor does it engage learners.
Our course is highly interactive and exercises have been designed to aid a deeper level of understanding, leading to longer-lasting learning. We are confident that our interactive elearning will help you gain an understanding of ITIL so that you can sit your ITIL Foundation exam with confidence.
The course is fully responsive so it works on all device screens – desktop, table and mobile. Because it is built with the latest web technologies it will also work on Windows, MacOS, iOS and Android.
This course consists of 6 self-paced interactive modules which cover the full ITIL Foundation syllabus. After completing all modules, you can use the ITIL Foundation exam simulators to prepare for your online examination. The modules are:
- Introduction to Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL)
- Service Strategy
- Service Design
- Service Transition
- Service Operation
- Continual Service Improvement
With quizzes and exam simulators to aid knowledge retention, you will be well-equipped to pass the ITIL Foundation exam.
We expect that it will take about 16 hours to complete the full course and sit the exam. Because each individual learns at a different pace, some students may require more time, others less time.
- Time: 60 minutes
- Questions: 40 multiple-choice
- Exam style: Closed book (i.e. no reference materials allowed)
- Pass mark: 26 or more correct answers to pass.
- Exam registration: you can sit your ITIL Foundation exam anywhere, anytime. You just need to book it more than 24 hours in advance. To book your exam you need to email us.
Why study online?
Studying online is ideal for busy people. If you study ITIL Foundation online rather than in a classroom there are some key benefits:
- Saves time – Studying online means you don’t need to travel to a course venue to study. You don’t even need to go to an exam centre because you can take your ITIL Foundation exam online too.
- Saves money – the price of our ITIL Foundation course is very competitive. It comes with an exam too, so there’s no extra costs to you.
- Flexible schedule – you can study where and when you want. The only requirement is that you need internet access.
- Flexible delivery – you can study on any device. You can even study on your mobile whilst on the move, or in the coffee shop!
ITIL is a best practice IT Service Management (ITSM) method. It equips teams with a strong framework and set of procedures to help them create, deliver and manage IT services. ITIL is used by thousands of organisations around the world.
Find out more details about ITIL here.
There are 5 levels of ITIL certification. The below list contains a brief overview of each level, but you can find in-depth information about ITIL certification levels here.
- ITIL Foundation – 1-hour exam, 40 multiple-choice questions. You must get 65% or more correct to pass. Suitable for anyone requiring a basic understanding of the ITIL framework. This is a pre-requisite for all the other levels. For most people the Foundation certification is sufficient to help progress their ITSM career.
- ITIL Practitioner – 2.25-hour exam, 40 multiple-choice questions. You must get 70% or more correct to pass. Suitable for anyone wanting to learn how to apply ITIL in practice.
- ITIL Intermediate - module-based, allowing you to choose the modules relevant to your career. Suitable for experienced IT service professionals requiring detailed knowledge.
- Expert – 2-hour exam, 10 multiple-choice questions. You must score 70% or more to pass. You must also have 17 credits from other ITIL qualifications. Suitable for experienced IT service professionals wishing to prove they understand all aspects of ITIL.
- Master – written assessment and interview. No exam required. Must have ITIL Expert and 5 years managerial experience in IT services. Suitable for senior IT services staff wishing to prove they can apply ITIL.
IT service management (ITSM) refers to the creating, supporting and managing of IT services, either in-house or to meet customer needs. ITSM teams use best practice methods such as ITIL to ensure the IT requirements of their organisation or customer are met.
A career in ITSM is therefore an IT career. Some ITSM career paths are technical, others are business-related. Whichever path you choose, employers will normally want to see ITIL certification on your CV.
You’ll also need a high level of technical literacy, analytic and problem-solving skills. Some roles require customer service skills. Deadlines and technical issues can make an IT career demanding. But the job satisfaction, salary and opportunity for progression are all worth it.
Entry-level roles include the service desk technician and IT project support; senior roles include the service desk manager and IT project manager. You’ll also find several roles in cyber security, change management and IT architecture. Find out more about the many different ITSM job roles here.
If you want advice about an ITSM career, please feel free to discuss your career goals with our specialist advisors on 0207 148 5985. They can advise you on choosing a course which best suits your career.
We can’t guarantee you that gaining the ITIL Foundation certification will get you a job. But it’s an excellent place to start.
Because so many organisations use ITIL to manage IT services, this makes ITIL certification very desirable to employers. Without it, you’ll be at a disadvantage compared to those who do have certification. If you browse the many IT jobs on the internet, you’re bound to see ITIL as one of the requirements.
If you want to gain employment in an ITSM role, gaining ITIL certification will improve your CV and show that you understand the ITIL framework. However, you will also need the experience required for a career in the IT industry. Read this article for further information about starting a career in IT service management.
If your organisation provides IT services, or has an IT department, then ITIL is the ideal method to use. Providing accredited ITIL training for your IT staff equips them with the skills needed for successful IT service delivery.
Contact us to discuss the most cost-effective way to train your organisation, team or department.