One of the most popular features of our online PRINCE2 courses is the ability to take both of your PRINCE2 online exams in the comfort of your own home.
This feature is especially beneficial to customers overseas, as you won’t have to spend time travelling to an exam centre far from home, and you can select a time that suits you. This gives you the added benefit of saving yourself money in traveling and hotel costs.
What’s more, the cost of taking your PRINCE2 exam online is already included if you buy one of our PRINCE2 online courses.
As this is not a traditional method to take an exam, you may feel a little apprehensive, but you have no need to worry. We have produced this guide to your online PRINCE2 exam to hopefully put your mind at ease.
What will I need?
Before you book the exam, please ensure you have the following items:
- A PC or Mac
- Web camera
- Internet connection
- Microphone (either separate or built into the web camera)
- Web browser
- Adobe Flash Player v11
- Adobe Shockwave player
Minimum and recommended requirements for the exam are:
|PC||Windows XP||Windows 7|
|Mac||Mac OS X or higher||Mac OS X 10.7 Lion|
|Web camera||640x480 resolution||1280x720 resolution|
|Internet download speed||.786 Mbps||1.5 Mbps|
|Internet upload speed||.384 Mbps||1.5 Mbps|
|Browser||Mozilla Firefox, Safari, Internet Explorer 7, 8, or 9||Google Chrome|
You cannot use the following systems:
- Microsoft Surface RT
- Android tablets
- iOS tablets (for example, iPads)
- Google Chromebooks
How do I book?
After making sure you have everything you need, it is time to book your exam by contacting us.
The good thing about doing an online exam is that you can book for any day, at any time, 24 hours a day and 7 days a week.
Simply call or drop us an email at least 7 days in advance of your preferred date, and let us know your name, which exam you want to book, which day and what time you prefer.
There are three organisations involved in the online exam process:
- Knowledge Train - we are your training provider. We book the exam for you.
- Exam Insitute - the exam board. Responsible for providing you the exam results and certificate after the exam.
- ProctorU - responsible for invigilating the exams.
What happens after I book?
After you book with us, we send the details of your exam to the exam board, so you are registered on their database and so they can provide you with the certificate if you successfully pass the exam.
Exam Institute work with a partner, ProctorU, a special company who invigilate exams through web camera, and let the Exam Institute know if you passed/failed or cheated in the exam.
The step-by-step actions you must take after you book with us are as follows:
- You will receive a registration email from the Exam Institute, who will ask you to register with them. This registration creates an account with the Exam Institute, where you will be able to check your results and view your e-certificate.
- After registering, you will receive a second email from the Exam Institute that contains instructions detailing how to sign up to ProctorU and schedule your exam. It is very important you remember these details.
- You can now login to ProctorU using the link provided. The login screen will look like Figure 1 below. Once you login, you will also be asked to fill in some information for your profile.
- Now you can schedule your exam. At this point you can select a different date and time, but there is a small fee to pay if choose to move your exam to time slot to the next 72 hours. After completing your profile, a new page ‘My exams’ will appear. If you click ‘Schedule new exam’ and select your exam, then click on ‘Find reservations’, a scheduling page will appear, as shown in Figure 2 below.
Figure 2 On this page, you can select a time and date for your exam. Simply select a slot that suits you, and click the blue ‘Book it’ button.
- ProctorU will then email you to confirm your exam, and you are now able to complete the exam at the confirmed time.
Taking the exam
Before you take your PRINCE2 exam online, ensure the room you choose to take the exam in is well-lit, private and quiet, and that you have the correct technical requirements and two forms of photo ID (for example, a driving licence and passport).
On the day of your exam, you will need to login to ProctorU 15 minutes before the exam time.
After logging in, click on ‘Start’, and you will be taken through to the proctor room, where you will be required to download and run an applet (the essential item which enables video and audio between you and the invigilator).
Once connected, your screen will look like Figure 3 below, and the invigilator will be able to see you and ensure you adhere to the following rules during the exam:
- You must not access the internet during the exam.
- Do not access any programmes on your computer during the exam.
- You must not make contact with anyone in the room with you during the exam.
- You must not refer to any notes during the exam.
If your invigilator witnesses you break any of these rules, then the exam will be terminated and you will be made aware that your result is void.
For peace of mind, there is a chat box available so you can contact the invigilator at any point during the exam if you have an issue.
Before you are free to get going with the exam, you must perform three checks for the invigilator:
- First, you’ll be asked to show the invigilator your photo ID by holding it up to the web cam.
- Then, you’ll be asked to pan your web camera around the room 360 degrees, so the invigilator can check your surroundings.
- Finally, if your camera is embedded in your computer, you will be asked you hold up a reflective item (such as a mirror or CD) so the invigilator can check there are no materials attached to the monitor.
Once the invigilator is happy with your ID and work area, then you will be asked to move any electronic devices, such as a mobile phone, away from the area.
Now you’re ready to take your exam!
After the exam
After completing your PRINCE2 online exam, a provisional result will be displayed detailing whether you have provisionally passed or failed.
To view your official confirmed exam result, you are required to login to your account 1 week after the exam, and if you have passed, you will find your PRINCE2 e-certificate here too.
If you’d prefer to study for your certification by taking your PRINCE2 exam online, then you might also want to study by using one of our accredited PRINCE2 eLearning courses. All of our eLearning courses with exams have the PRINCE2 online proctor exam fee included so there’s nothing else to pay before taking your exam.
For more information, contact one of our training advisors on +44(0)207-148-5985 or by email on .