Winter sale now on! Grab a deal before it melts away!

Up to half price discount on PRINCE2 Foundation & Practitioner courses. Selected dates. Click here to book.Better than half price discount on PRINCE2 Foundation & Practitioner courses. Click here to book.

Funding your Training course

Funding for your course

If you are considering taking a training course, but are currently unemployed or having financial problems, you may be surprised to hear just how much help is out there.

The UK government and charitable organizations can provide funding for your course with us, depending on your age, circumstances and location.

Read on to discover who to contact and what you could be entitled to!

Government funding in the UK

Professional and Career Development Loans

To fund a course that will ultimately get you into work, Professional and Career Development Loans can be applied for from certain banks in the UK.

You would have to start paying back the loan and interest (at a reduced rate) a month after the course, but whilst you study and during that one month, the government will pay the interest.

Courses must only last 2 years or less, help with your career and be provided by a course provider on the Professional Career and Development Loan Register.

You must also be 18 or over, living in the UK for at least 3 years, and be planning on working within the UK or EU area after your course has finished.

How to apply

Contact the National Careers Service on 0800 100 900 Mon-Sun 8am-10pm for an application pack.


If you are currently with the Jobcentre, you can apply for funding for training through the Flexible Support Fund.

We regularly train customers who have been funded by the Jobcentre, and as long as the training will help you get back into work, the Jobcentre will consider each application on a case-by-case basis.

How to apply

Talk to your Jobcentre Work Coach about your training needs.

Scotland & Wales

Individual Learning Accounts

If you are aged 16 or over, living in Scotland and earning a salary of less than £22,000, you could be entitled to a £200 grant for training, called the Individual Learning Account, which is provided by Skills Development Scotland.

How to apply

Apply online at:

ReAct II

For those living in Wales who are facing redundancy, or are unemployed and have not been in employment for six weeks since being made redundant, you may be entitled to support under the ReAct II scheme.

All applicants must have their application assessed by Careers Wales first, but once approved, the Welsh government can fund 100 per cent of the course fees.

How to apply

Contact your local Careers Wales office or call Learning and Careers Advice on 0800 100 900.


The Princes’s Trust

A charity designed to help young people get into work, The Prince’s Trust offer Development Awards for UK residents aged 16-25 and not in education, training or employment.

They can fund course fees under £500 and costs caused by you being in training, such as childcare or transport.

How to apply

Contact The Prince’s Trust on 0800 842842 or by filling in an online enquiry form:

The Royal British Legion

If you are serving in the armed forces or are ex-service, The Royal British Legion has an External Grants programme available for employment and training.

Applicants will need to complete an application form, and applications will be reviewed by a committee.

How to apply

Enquiries can be sent to . To download an application form, visit:

Enjoyed the article? You may want to also download our careers advice e-book and project manager salaries e-book below

project management careers advice project management salaries
Portfolio management – Interview with Ipek Sahra Ö...
The benefits of adopting a structured project mana...